There has never been a more important time for a global education, as university graduates increasingly function in an exciting, international workplace. A Glendon education provides you with the skills and knowledge you will need to address those all-important international issues of the environment, world peace and collaboration, higher education, and others. In fact, this is precisely our mission.
Glendon fulfills this important mandate through a unique set of offerings.
In our supportive, bilingual environment, Glendon is committed to helping each student build proficiency in English and French: two world languages. Many students also take Spanish at Glendon, or a third language offered through York’s Keele Campus.
The field trip to Turkey of the participants in the
- Our International Studies program is the first of its kind in Canada, with world- renowned professors, and over 20% of its students from other countries. The department is home to the award-winning annual student-run symposium, focusing each year on different geographic regions of the world and culminating in an on-location field trip.
- The new international Bachelor of Arts (iBA) is available as a bilingual or trilingual degree incorporating many specializations, and offering you a global perspective, added language learning and an international exchange opportunity.
2007 International Studies Symposium, in Ephesus
Hot off the presses!
Glendon has just been named Ontario’s Centre of Excellence for Francophone and Bilingual Education. "Building [Glendon’s] Centre of Excellence will help us educate Canada's future leaders”, said York President Mamdouh Shoukri. ”As our world becomes more globalized, language skills are an increasingly important tool for university graduates, and York is committed to helping our students develop that advantage."
- Our international mix of professors, staff and students hails from over 100 countries! Glendon’s small size and close-knit community allow our students to really get to know one another.
- Many Glendon student clubs have an international mandate. You can gain hands-on experience as a member of Model United Nations, International Studies Students’ Association, Hispanic Club, Rights and Democracy Club, World University Service of Canada (WUSC), Amnesty International, and many others.
- Each year, Glendon welcomes a circuit of high-profile speakers. Recent guests include John McNee, Glendon grad and Canada’s ambassador to the U.N.; and York grad and CNN International news anchor Jonathan Mann.